From E2 Visa to Green Card: Can I Apply For A Green Card With An E2 Visa?

Can I change my E2 visa to green card?

Switching from an E2 visa to green card is possible for E2 visa holders and their dependents. However, simply having an E2 visa doesn’t guarantee a green card. There are two ways of getting a green card:

1. Applying For An Immigrant Visa

You can apply for an adjustment, converting your non-immigration status to an immigrant visa status. The process can be done entirely in the US from start to finish as long as you qualify for the immigrant visa option you have chosen. You can read more about this here.

2. Applying Via EB-5 Visa

The EB-5 visa is an investment-based option for obtaining permanent residency in the US. It requires an investment of $1.8 million or $900,000 in a targeted employment area. The investor must create or preserve ten full-time jobs within two years after the visa is granted. Transitioning from an E2 to an EB-5 requires careful planning and a detailed strategy guided by an experienced EB-5 consultant. Additional capital put into the E2 business can count toward the EB-5 minimum investment amount. To learn more about EB-5, click here.

Live & Build Your Business In The USA Under E2 Visa. Let's Connect.

Are E2 dependent visa holders eligible to apply for a green card?

Yes, they are also eligible.

Spouse, children, and employees under E2 dependent visas can also apply for a green card. To learn more about transitioning from an E2 visa to green card, chat with us here.

Share This Article

Schedule A Video Call


(*) required. Your data is kept confidential.