E-2 Visa Application: Can I Apply Outside the US?

E-2 Visa Application Outside The U.S. Overview

Yes, you can apply for an E-2 visa outside the United States.

The E-2 visa application process is typically conducted at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country or a country where you have legal residence. This means that you don’t need to be physically present in the U.S. to initiate the application.

Here are the general E-2 visa application steps:

1. File the form DS-160

Complete the DS-160 form online, providing your details and motive for going to the U.S. You’ll receive a confirmation page and code for the interview.

2. Pay the application fee

There may be additional fees depending on the embassy in your home country. Keep the payment receipts.

3. Schedule the visa interview

Set up your interview and obtain the visa appointment letter.

4. Prepare your application documents

Make sure all required documents are complete before the interview.

5. Visit the consulate for the interview

The U.S. Consulate officials will interview you for your E-2 visa application. Be prepared to show proof of your intention to return to your home country.

The processing time may vary, typically taking around one to four weeks, depending on the consulate. Once your E2 visa is approved, you can enter the U.S. and explore exciting opportunities as an E2 treaty investor.

Secure Your Visa and Land In The USA With The Perfect Franchise.

Share This Article

Schedule A Video Call


(*) required. Your data is kept confidential.