Can my spouse work in the USA as an E2 visa dependent?

Can my spouse work in the USA?

Yes, she/he can work in the USA.

It is possible for a spouse to work in the USA on an E2 visa, but several steps must be completed before employment is authorized. Firstly, the main E2 visa holder must be approved for their visa at a US consulate and arrive in the US with their spouse. Next, the spouse must complete and submit government form I-765 and wait for approval, which can take 5-6 months at present. Once the approval arrives, the spouse can work in the USA for any job, including working for the E2 business or starting their own business. To learn more about the E2 visa and navigating the complex requirements, consult with us here.

You Don't Know Which Business To Go For Your E-2 Visa?

Share This Article

Schedule A Video Call


(*) required. Your data is kept confidential.